For some reasons a lot of people seems to dislike the new icons and their size in Windows 7. Have a look at my articles talking about how to remove pinned icons from Windows 7 Start Menu and how to show text next to the taskbar icon. Today, I am going to talk about the new Windows 7 library and its icon set, which users may wish to change to fit their needs.
- Click Start.
- Click Computer and go to C:\Users\your Windows Username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries
- At this point you will need to open your Notepad.
- Drag and drop the Library icon you wish to change to the blank Notepad. (make sure that the files you drag have .XML extension).
- A lot of codes will appear in the Notepad.
- Just add this piece of code among the codes: <iconReference>Address_of_your_new_icon</iconReference>
- Address_of_your_new_icon is nothing else than the path to the new icon you wish to substitute to the default one.
- Save the file and exit.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Fix Google Chrome Won’t Update Adobe Flash Player
- How to Turn Off Chat Box (AKA Google Talk or GTalk) From Your Gmail
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
2 Comments to “How to Change Windows 7 Library Icon”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.