Microsoft has already released an update (KB974431) intended to enhance the reliability of Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in those situations which have to do with PDF created by using 2007 Microsoft Office system document, Windows 7 Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) diagnostic information settings which are configured incorrectly for Windows Explorer, problem in Windows 7 which affects the playback of certain media files in Windows Media Player etc. There is a nasty bug which has to do with this fix. Basically, while updating the system will return you with a error message (code C004F050). Let’s see how to solve and fix it and install the update.
The error has to do with Windows 7 which can not pass genuine Windows validation (WGA). In fact, the update KB974431 embeds a check for genuineness and authenticity of Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2. if such a validation doesn’t go through, the system will return you with an error. Here is the procedure to fix it:
- Click Start.
- In the Search Box, type cmd and press Enter.
- You will see the black windows of the Command Prompt.
- Type sfc /scannow
- If this deactivate the grace period, rearm it by using this code: slmgr /rearm
- Restart your computer.
- Try to update again.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Turn Off Pop-up and Push Notification from Websites in Firefox
- How to Save a Website locally on Your Computer in Google Chrome (Offline Surfing)
- How to Change Location in Google Chrome (Any Version) by Setting it Manually (No Hack)
- How to Convert a USB Disk/Pen from FAT32 to NTFS Without Formatting and Losing Data
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.