To tell you the truth, this trick was originally posted and worked for Windows Vista, but it also works in Windows 7. If you do not like the annoying arrow in the shortcut icons in your computer desktop, I have got a wonderful hack which lets you remove, thanks to an easy procedure, the arrow from the shortcu icon. Let’s see how to achieve this result.
- Click Start.
- In the Search Box, type regedit and press Enter.
- locate the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer
- In the right pane locate the subkey Link.
- Right-click it and modify its value from 18 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 00
- Exit the regedit and restart your computer. Create a new shortcut and have fun!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
2 Comments to “How to Remove Arrow From Shortcut Icon in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.