To tell you the truth, this trick was originally posted and worked for Windows Vista, but it also works in Windows 7. If you do not like the annoying arrow in the shortcut icons in your computer desktop, I have got a wonderful hack which lets you remove, thanks to an easy procedure, the arrow from the shortcu icon. Let’s see how to achieve this result.
- Click Start.
- In the Search Box, type regedit and press Enter.
- locate the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer
- In the right pane locate the subkey Link.
- Right-click it and modify its value from 18 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 00
- Exit the regedit and restart your computer. Create a new shortcut and have fun!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
2 Comments to “How to Remove Arrow From Shortcut Icon in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.