To tell you the truth, this trick was originally posted and worked for Windows Vista, but it also works in Windows 7. If you do not like the annoying arrow in the shortcut icons in your computer desktop, I have got a wonderful hack which lets you remove, thanks to an easy procedure, the arrow from the shortcu icon. Let’s see how to achieve this result.
- Click Start.
- In the Search Box, type regedit and press Enter.
- locate the following key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ Microsoft\Windows\ CurrentVersion\Explorer
- In the right pane locate the subkey Link.
- Right-click it and modify its value from 18 00 00 00 to 00 00 00 00
- Exit the regedit and restart your computer. Create a new shortcut and have fun!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
2 Comments to “How to Remove Arrow From Shortcut Icon in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.