Among its features, Windows 7 has got an interesting but quite unknown tool able to scan and diagnostic your computer memory and find memory errors. This tool also known as Windows Memory Diagnostic is triggered by problems related to your computer memory and there is no obvious way to open it through a icon or a link. Let’s see how to start this useful tool manually.
- Click Start.
- In the Search Box, type mdsched.exe and press enter.
- Select Restart Now and Check for Problems or Check for Problems Next Time I restart my Computer.
- Either way, next time your computer reboots it will show you the diagnostic tool.
- Note: Microsoft recommends that you let the Memory Diagnostics Tool run automatically. However, advanced users might want to adjust the tool’s settings. Here’s how. When the tool starts, press F1. Now you will be able to tweak these options:
1. When the Memory Diagnostics Tool starts, press F1.
2. You can adjust the following settings:
* Test mix. Choose what type of test you want to run: Basic, Standard, or Extended. The choices are described in the tool.
* Cache. Choose the cache setting you want for each test: Default, On, or Off.
* Pass count. Type the number of times you want to repeat the test.
3. Press F10 to start the test.
- how to scan computer memory for errors
- memory scan windows 7
- scan for memory errors
- windows memory scan
- How to Fix Google Chrome Won’t Update Adobe Flash Player
- How to Turn Off Chat Box (AKA Google Talk or GTalk) From Your Gmail
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.