Sometimes, you may need to hide your hard disk partitions and drives in your computer to prevent users from peering at your private files. If so, you can have a look the these articles on how to password protect your hard disk, or how to hide your files, in case you want to use something simple. However, if you are looking for a simple procedure to conceal your computer partition and drives, I have got a little trick which involves a couple of steps and no additional software!
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- The above command should have granted you the access to the Local Group Policy Editor window.
- Now follow this path: User Configuration — Administrative Templates — Windows Components — Windows Explorer
- At this point, look for Hide these specified drives in My Computer. Double click it.
- Click Enable and from the drop down menu select the drive you want to hide.
Tags: security, trick, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- Hidding drives non-admin users in windows 8
- hide disk drive windows 7 program
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to Hide and Conceal Hard Disk Drives”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.