Windows Media Player 12 is the default media player in Windows 7. Basically, it comes with the operating system and you have no choice but use it, like it or not. You can not even decide to uninstall and remove it since there is no uninstall link in the Programs and Features window. What follows is an interesting trick to bypass Windows 7 restriction and remove (or install) WM12!
- Click Start.
- In the Control Panel, click Programs and Programs and Features.
- On the window left pane, click Turn Windows features on or off.
- Go under Media Features.
- Untick Windows Media Player. If prompted, click Yes or OK.
- Restart the Computer for the change to take effect.
- Enjoy a Windows 7 without any Windows Media Player!
- If you want to reinstall WMP, open Turn Windows features on or off.
- Under Media Features, tick Open Windows Media Player.
- Confirm by pressing OK . This will reinstall a resetted version of the Media Player with default settings. It is very useful if, for any reason, Windows Media Player stopped working.
Tags: Microsoft, trick, Windows 7
- uninstalling korea media player center
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.