How many times have you wished to customize Media Center in Windows 7? How many times have you wished to start Media Center without that annoying animation or with your favorite song?After so many articles here at Web Talk, I am pretty sure that Windows 7 has no secret for you. But, believe it or not, this new operating system has got a couple of last shots which, I am pretty sure, will impress you!
What follows is a quick list of hidden commands which let you customize Windows 7 Media Center in some unexpected, amazing ways. As a first step, right-click the Windows Media Center shortcut. Click the shortcut tab and in the Target blank field, add the below command after %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe [ex: %windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe(space)/widescreen]. You can also add multiple commands like in this new example [%windir%\ehome\ehshell.exe(space)/widescreen(space)/nostartupanimation]
- /widescreen = This command will force the system to display WMC in widescreen mode.
- /mcesuperbar://tv?live=true = Start WMC in LiveTV at startup.
- /nostartupanimation = Useful if you do not like the annoying startup animation.
- /mediamode = Start WMC in “media only mode” without minimize or close buttons.
- /playallmusic = Do not losse any time! Play all music at startup!
- /playfavmusic = Only play favorite music at startup.
- /playslideshow – Play all slideshows.
- /playfavslideshow – Only play favorite slideshow at startup.
- /configuress – Start WMC by configuring the screen saver menu.
- /screensaver = Start WMC with a nice screensaver!
No tags for this post.
- %windir%\ehome\ehshell exe
- screensaver ehshell filename
- windows media center slideshow widescreen
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.