Windows SlideShow is an interesting feature in Windows 7 and Vista which delivers information from your PC to a secondary display on two kind of devices: those which are integrated into a computer, such as a small color display in a laptop lid; and those that are separate from a computer, such as a remote control or mobile phone. Windows SlideShows is able to display gadgets, information about your computer (if it is in sleep mode, for example), incoming emails, pictues, news etc. However, in order to save precious computer resource, you might wish to turn it off. Here is a brief tutorial to achieve this result.
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- If prompted by UAC (User Account Control), click YES .
- On the left pane, go to Configuration\Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Windows SideShow.
- On thr right pane, double click Turn off Windows SideShow.
- Click the Disabled radio button.
- Click OK.
- stop slideshow windows 7
- turn off slideshow in windowsrt
- how to stop slideshow on computer
- how to turn off windows media player slide show
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
7 Comments to “How to Turn Off Windows SlideShow in Windows 7 and Windows Vista”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.