Windows SlideShow is an interesting feature in Windows 7 and Vista which delivers information from your PC to a secondary display on two kind of devices: those which are integrated into a computer, such as a small color display in a laptop lid; and those that are separate from a computer, such as a remote control or mobile phone. Windows SlideShows is able to display gadgets, information about your computer (if it is in sleep mode, for example), incoming emails, pictues, news etc. However, in order to save precious computer resource, you might wish to turn it off. Here is a brief tutorial to achieve this result.
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- If prompted by UAC (User Account Control), click YES .
- On the left pane, go to Configuration\Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Windows SideShow.
- On thr right pane, double click Turn off Windows SideShow.
- Click the Disabled radio button.
- Click OK.
Tags: trick, Windows 7, Windows Vista
- windows vista slideshow stopped working
- turn off windows slideshow
- my computer goes into a slideshow can i stop this
- how to turn slideshow off
- how to turn off slideshow windows 7
- how to turn off slide show mode
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
7 Comments to “How to Turn Off Windows SlideShow in Windows 7 and Windows Vista”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.