Windows SlideShow is an interesting feature in Windows 7 and Vista which delivers information from your PC to a secondary display on two kind of devices: those which are integrated into a computer, such as a small color display in a laptop lid; and those that are separate from a computer, such as a remote control or mobile phone. Windows SlideShows is able to display gadgets, information about your computer (if it is in sleep mode, for example), incoming emails, pictues, news etc. However, in order to save precious computer resource, you might wish to turn it off. Here is a brief tutorial to achieve this result.
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type gpedit.msc and press Enter.
- If prompted by UAC (User Account Control), click YES .
- On the left pane, go to Configuration\Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Windows SideShow.
- On thr right pane, double click Turn off Windows SideShow.
- Click the Disabled radio button.
- Click OK.
- how to turn off slideshow in windows 7
- how to turn off slideshow on windows 7
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
7 Comments to “How to Turn Off Windows SlideShow in Windows 7 and Windows Vista”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.