Recently, Microsoft has released an interesting patch for Windows 7 meant to solve a nasty bug which freezes the computer while copying data and files from your PC to any USB storage devices such as USB dongles, external hard drives etc. Let’s see in details what this bug is about and how to fix it. First of all, the systems affected are Windows 7 and Windows Sever 2008 R2 with the following specs:
- NVIDIA USB Enhanced Host Controller Interface (EHCI) chipset.
- At least 4Gb of RAM.
As stated in Microsoft KB 976972, this issue may occur if you perform other input/output (I/O) operations on the USB storage device. In this situation, the I/O operations fail. Here are the links to download the patches and fix it.
Tags: bugs, Windows 7
- windows 7 pausing during file copy usb
- windows 7 copy freezes flash
- windows 7 freezes copying from smartphone
- windows 7 64 flash copy freezes
- usb transfer hangs
- usb stick copying freez
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “How to Fix Computer Freezing while Copying Files to USB Flash Drive in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.