Sometimes, you Windows 7, all of a sudden, may return you with the following Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) error message: “0×24 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM Stop Error”. Usually, such an error is triggered by the Ntfs.sys file which is a driver that enables a PC to read and write a hard drive formatted with the NTFS file system. Let’s see how to solve it.
If you happen to get a message like that, because of the nature of the error itself, it is highly probable that your hard drive is not working properly. In order to fix it, you need to make sure that:
- Your applications and software (above all anti-viruses and defragmenting tools) are compatible with Windows 7.
- Check your hard disk for any issues using the chkdisk command. To activate it:
- Put your Windows 7 DVD in the disk drive.
- When asked, boot from the DVD by pressing F10 or any key on your keyboard.
- Now, check your Language, Time, and Keyboard Input in the proper section and press the Next button.
- Click Repair your computer.
- Select the operating system you want to perform tha check.
- Click Command Prompt.
- A black window should appear on your computer screen.
- Type chkdsk and press Enter.
- As a last solution, take into consideration to add more RAM to your computer.
Tags: bugs, Windows 7
- error 24 ntfs sys
- stop error 0024 win 7
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.