If you have Windows 7, you are familiar with the annoying beep or chime which is triggered when you press an invalid or wrong key on your keyboard or when, for example, the system warns you about something. If you, like me, hate this buzzer, here is a simple trick which will turn it off for good!
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Change System Sound.
- Now, click the Sound tab.
- Under the Program Events list, locate Default Beep and click it.
- Under Sound, click the drop down menu and select None.
- Click OK to confirm.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
One Comment to “How to Turn Off and Disable the Computer Beep or Chime in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.