If you have Windows 7, you are familiar with the annoying beep or chime which is triggered when you press an invalid or wrong key on your keyboard or when, for example, the system warns you about something. If you, like me, hate this buzzer, here is a simple trick which will turn it off for good!
- Click Start.
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Hardware and Sound.
- Click Change System Sound.
- Now, click the Sound tab.
- Under the Program Events list, locate Default Beep and click it.
- Under Sound, click the drop down menu and select None.
- Click OK to confirm.
- disable windows chimes windows 7
- how do i turn off the chimes on my computer
- how to disable warning chimes on windows
- Turn Chimes Off Computer
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
- How to Recover Data, Photos, Files from a Corrupted SD Card
- How to Lock Down your PC Using a USB Key
One Comment to “How to Turn Off and Disable the Computer Beep or Chime in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.