If you have and use Firefox browser you should be familiar with the term Google Search suggestions. By default, Firefox has got a handy Google Search bar which, once you start typing on it, will suggest you the term you are looking for. The worst part of this is that it will also suggest they “old” keywords you typed previously and this could create some embarrassment! Let’s see how to turn off this feature and avoid other people from knowing your business on the Internet.
- Click Google Settings Page.
- Go to the end of the page and, under Query Suggestions, click and press Enter.
- By performing such action, Google will place a special cookie in your browser to remember that you don’t want the search suggestions anymore. The issue with this is that once you clear your Internet cache from Firefox, this cookie will be deleted.
- To prevent this click Tool in Firefox.
- Click Option and Privacy tab.
- Click Exceptions.
- In the special filed add this line: http://*.google.*/complete/search?* and click Allow.
- Let’s turn off the Google search widget from Firefox.
- On the Address bar, type about: config and accept that warning message.
- On the Filer filed, type browser.search.suggest.enabled
- Double click do disable it.
- Restart the browser for the change to take effect!
Tags: Firefox, security, trick
- disable search suggestions firefox
- auto suggestions in google turn on turn off
- how can i remove the search suggestions from firefox search or enter address
- how doi turn on website sugestions in my firefox browser
- how to prevent web suggestion in firefox
- stop suggestion box on left fire fox
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.