Among my favorite hacks, there is this one, I am going to show you in this tutorial, which lets you create (and delete) special undeletable folders. This is very useful above all if you plan to have a private, secure place on your computer where to store your private file. In fact, this little trick, if associated to another article I wrote on how to turn a folder to a safe, will let you have an “impenetrable place” without buying any software!
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type cmd and press Enter.
- The familiar Command Prompt black window should appear on your screen.
- At this point you should go to the directory you want to turn ot a undeletable folder. To do this, type cd (name of the directory)
- Now, type mkdir .\CON\\
- Rename the folder using one of these names: CON, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5, LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, LPT9, AUX
- The hack behind this tutorial is very simple to tell you the truth. In fact, Windows reserves certain name for the creation of special system foders. Once you manage to create such folders nobody will ever manage to delete it…uless it knows the right trick!
- To delete the folder, type rd .\CON\\
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
- How to Recover Data, Photos, Files from a Corrupted SD Card
- How to Lock Down your PC Using a USB Key
2 Comments to “How to Create and Delete an Undeletable Folder in Windows Operating Systems”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.