Lately, some users are reporting a weird issue after installing VMare (Virtual machine) on their Windows operating systems. On such occasions, after installing a VMware, upon restarting the computer, the operating system gets stuck right at the at Welcome Screen or Logon screen. Let’s see how to fix this!
This issue which stops and freezes your computer at login is frequently reported on those computers running Windows 7, Vista and Windows XP, which have just one account without any password set. Such a problem is due to the fact that VMware automatically creates a new user account which is hidden by default. VMware also automatically logon such account with out your permission.
A simple solution which prevents all this is to set your Windows to automatically login your own account or an account of your choice.
Windows Vista Procedure
- Click Start.
- In the search field, type netplwiz and hit Enter.
- Now, if the User Access Control window appears on your screen to ask for permission, click Yes, confirm and continue.
- The User Accounts window will appear on your screen. Untick the “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer.” and click OK.
- A new window called Automatically Log On will appear.
- Simply type the username and password of your account and your are done!
Windows 7 Procedure
The procedure is pretty similar to the one for Windows Vista.
Windows Xp Procedure
The procedure is pretty similar to the one for Windows Vista. The only difference is the first two steps:
- Click Start.
- Click Run…
- In the Run box, type control userpasswords2, and click OK.
- See Windows Vista procedure…
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
4 Comments to “How to Fix Windows Stops at Logon Screen After Installing VMWare (Virtual Machine)”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.