If you share your computer with other users, friends or family members, there are a lot of ways to prevent them from changing your computer options. You might want to read these articles on how to lock your computer, prevent users from changing the color scheme and how to hide folders from users. Another trick to apply on your computer in order to enhance its security is to turn off certain features so that users wont be able to modify its settings. Here is a short and easy tutorial which will teach you how to turn off the control panel in your Windows 7.
- Click Start.
- In the search field, type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate this folder: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software \Microsoft\Windows\Current Version \Policies\Explorer
- In the right pane, right click any empty space and from the menu select New -DWord.
- Name the DWord NoControlPanel.
- Right click the new DWord and select Modify.
- A new window will appear. In the value data field assign the value 1.
- Cick OK.
- Now, reboot your computer for the change to take effect!
Tags: hack, security, Windows 7
- how to take off control panelon windows 7
- how to turn off or on windows on your control panel
- windows 7 turn off update from control panel
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to Turn Off the Control Panel in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.