Internet is the first means used by hackers to gain access to your computer and steal your information and files. Internet is also the first means used by viruses and malware to gain access to your computer and damage it with their malicious codes. Nowadays, thanks to flat fees we are accustomed to leave Internet connection always on, even if we are not in from of our PCs. And that’s the most vulnerable moment of day. When we are not in front of our machines and we don’t know what’s going on. A virus could access our files, a person could steal some of our work, a hacker living at the other side of the world could enter our hard disk! This tutorial will teach you how to auto disconnect your Internet connection dial-up when Internet is not used or there is no delivery activity.
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate this registry folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ CurrentControlSet\ Services\RemoteAccess\ Parameters.
- On the right pane, right click any empty space of the window and from the menu select: New – DWORD ( 32-bit ) Value.
- Name the new registry key AutoDisconnect.
- Double click the new key and give it a value between 0 to 1000 (1=1 minute). For example, if you give the value 10 minutes, the system after 10 minutes of inactivity will turn off the Internet connection.
- Restart your computer for the change to take effect.
Tags: hack, security, Windows 7
- disconnect internet windows 7
- how do i disconnect from internet windows 7
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to Auto Disconnect Internet Connection in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.