A couple of years ago I wrote an article about an interesting feature which lets you know if your Gmail account is hacked. Such a feature lets you see any suspicious activity on your Gmail by showing you interesting facts about it such as: last account activity, access type, IP address, etc. Google has recently added a new feature to further increase the security of your Gmail account. Let’s what I am talking about.
This new feature is located at the end of the Gmail page. Once you login your Gmail, go to the end of the page and:
- Under the space available on your Gmail, click the Details link.
- Once you click the link a new small window will appear on your screen. Such a window will shows you the details about all the accesses to your account.
- At the end of the list, next to Alert preference, click the Change link.
- Now select the radio button labeled Show an alert for unusual activity.
- Next time somebody will gain access to your email you will get a warning at the beginning of your account showing you interesting details.
Tags: email, Google App, security, trick
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
2 Comments to “How to Know if Somebody Logged in Your Gmail”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.