Some users are reporting that during the installation of the new Windows 7 SP1 (Service Pack 1), the system returns with the following error message: “Installation Was Not Successful“. This brief tutorial will briefly explain how to troubleshoot and solve a couple of common issues which could cause such message.
After the dreadful “Installation Was Not Successful” download and install the new Microsoft System Update Readiness Tool (X64 here). Such tool is meant to solve certain issues which where found after the release of SP and hotfixes. Microsoft states that this tool: “is being offered because an inconsistency was found in the Windows servicing store which may prevent the successful installation of future updates, service packs, and software”.
After running the above tool, reboot your computer and try to install the Service Pack again.
If this doesn’t work yet, turn off all software in your computer, reboot your Windows 7. Right after that, turn off all antivirus, antispyware and firewall and try to reinstall the SP1 again.
Tags: beta, bugs, sp, Windows 7
- error_rm_not_active windows 7
- error_rm_not_active (0x80071a91)
- error_rm_not_active windows 7 0x80071a91
- the installation was not successful windows 7
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.