Microsoft Windows 7 has already accustomed us to incredible, hidden tools which are kept secretly hidden from view to the vast majority of users. Take the famous Windows 7 Godmode, for instance. Today I want to talk about another hidden tool which is available in Windows 7 but, for some unknown reason, is not accessible from any menu. The only way to turn it on is type a special command in the Search field located in the Start Menu!
Such a tool can be considered a kind of Troubleshooting Tool and it is called Problem Steps Recorder. Here is the simple procedure to turn it on:
- Click Start.
- In the Search Field, type psr
- Hit Enter.
As soon as you hit Enter an elongated, plain, rectangular window will appear on your screen. Don’t be fooled by its look! Such a tool is an incredible and powerful recorder able to record every step performed by any user working at the computer! As soon as you press the Start Record button whatever you will do on the screen will be discreetly recorder for later view. To stop recording, Simple click the “Stop Record” button.
Among its options we can find:
- Choose the location where to save the file containing the steps performed by the user.
- The tool creates files in ZIP format. Such file contains an MHTML file.
- Turn off Recording by settings “Enable screen capture” option to No.
- Send the file via email by using “Send to E-mail recipient” option.
Tags: trick, Windows 7
- problem steps recorder send to e-mail recipient is not working
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.