If you need to hide text on your computer right away and you don’t have any security software to use, I have got the right trick for you. Thanks to this simple tutorial you will be able to hide and conceal any text in your Windows text editor such as notepad for example!
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type: CMD and do not press Enter.
- Right-click the Command Prompt icon and hit Enter.
- Type cd desktop
- Type this command in the Command Prompt black window: notepad filename.txt:hidden
- A new Notepad file will appear on your screen prompting you to create a new file. Click Yes and, in the new file named as the command above, type whatever you want and save it by clicking File – Save. The file will be automatically saved on your desktop.
- Open the notepad file. As you will notice the file won’t show you anything. It should be completely blank!
- In order to get what you write on the file, open the Command Prompt and follow the steps from 2 to 5 including the same command.
Tags: Office, security, trick, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to Hide Text on Windows Notepad”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.