As you guys know a couple of days ago Google released its new Instant Search features for its search engine. Basically, as the name suggests, from now on you will be able to see search result as-you-type. Yesterday, I also updated my Firefox to the latest version and that’s where all my issues started. In fact, right after I updated Firefox, Google homepage lost its ability to return Instant search result! Basically, Google Instant Search didn’t work anymore. So, let’s see how I fixed this issue!
Believe it or not I tried everything. I cleared Firefox recent history, I uninstalled Firefox and installed it back, I cleared my computer temp folder (including my Internet temp folder) using CCleaner, I tried to use some of the well-known Google addresses such as: http://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en or http://www.google.com/webhp?sclient=psy but Google Instant Search didn’t work at all. Also, for some uknown reason it stopped working right after I updated my FF. In the end the trick to fix the issue was rather simple and had to with Google cookies (probability). Here is the simple fix procedure:
- Open Firefox.
- Click Tools.
- Clear Recent History.
- A new window will appear on your screen.
- In the Time Range to Clear drop-down menu select Everything.
- Make sure to tick, among the other options available the Site Preferences checkbox..
- Click Clear Now.
- google doesnt work on firefox
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
10 Comments to “How to Solve Google Instant Search Doesn’t Work in Firefox”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.