On Windows 7, one of the most important tools is, without doubt, the new Windows Explorer folder which sits on the taskbar located at the bottom left-side of your screen. Such folder shows you different locations within your computer such as hard disks, music and video folders, desktop, libraries etc. This easy tutorial will teach you how to change the Windows Explorer folder destination to force it to show what you really want and need in your computer!
- Right-click the Windows Explorer folder and from the menu select Properties. If you don’t see any Properties link, don’t worry! Right-click again the Windows Explorer folder within the Jump List menu.
- A new window should appear on your screen. The Shortcut tab should be already opened.
- In the Shortcut tab you should be able to see a Destination field which contains the following string: %windir%\explorer.exe\ DO NOT touch it!
- After the string above add a space and, right after that, append the destination folder you want Windows Explorer to show. Wanna an example? Ex.: %windir%\explorer.exe\ C:\Default_User\MyMainFolder\Documents_and_Music
- Click OK at the end of the windows to confirm.
Tags: hack, Windows 7
- change destination for libraries
- change download destination ie
- how to change destination folder in ie
- how to change picture destination folder windows ie 11 immersive
- how to change windows 7 destination explorer
- how to change your download destination in IE8
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to Change the Windows Explorer Folder Destination in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.