If you share your computer with other people and you are the owner of the PC, you know how annoying is when other users change your computer settings such as your Windows 7 theme, for example! Now, if you own Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise and Ultimate editions you are lucky because a special setting is able to lock the current theme from being changed. But if you don’t have one of these versions you won’t have any way to protect your computer. Luckily for you a special hack in Windows 7 will prevent users from changing any theme and wallpaper of your choice!
- Click Start.
- In the Search field, type regedit and press Enter.
- Locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\ Windows\CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer
- On the right pane, click New – DWORD (32) bit Value.
- Name the new Key as NoThemeTab.
- Double click the new DWORD and change its value to 1 (one).
- Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.
- If you want to revert everything and be able to change the theme and wallpaper again, simply delete the NoThemetab key.
Tags: hack, security, Windows 7
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.