As you know, a couple of weeks ago Google rolled out Instant Search which lets users search for results as-you-type. Now, under normal conditions, while searching the Web for stuff , Google offers you nice keyboard shortcuts to speed things up. But thanks to the new Instant Search now you can use even more Google Advanced Shortcuts to improve the way you use the search engine and shorten the amount of time you spend to search for a keyword!
So, the first thing to do is open Google.com and type the keyword you are looking for. While you are typing, Google will try to determine the keyword you are looking for by showing a short list (max 10 items) of predicted keywords which might match your keyword. At this point you can use the following shortcuts:
- Up/Down Arrow Key: it lets you browse among the list of the “possible” keywords you are looking for.
- Enter Key: Confirm your keyword.
- Up/Down Arrow Key: After hitting the Enter key the list of keywords will disappear. At this point you will face the Search result page. The first result will have on its left a small arrow. use the Up/Down key on your keyboard to navigate among results.
- These shortcuts also works for all Google services including Google Video, Google Images, Google News etc.
For more info Check this Google Video Out!
No tags for this post.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
5 Comments to “Google Instant Search Keyboard Shortcuts”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.