It looks like a nasty issue is affecting a lot of users while searching the Internet with Google. In fact, for some reason and without any modification to Google settings, users don’t get the well-known and “normal” search result layout. What they get is the Google Custom Search page which shows few, high targeted results. This small trick will show you how to remove the Google Custom Search page and get the old Google webpage for queries.
- Open your browser.
- Copy and Paste this Google web address on your Browser web address field.
- The link will redirect you to the Google Advanced Search Settings page.
- Change the default keyword with the one you are looking for.
- At the end of the page click the Search button.
If this trick doesn’t work try these other suggestions:
- If you are logged in Google try to log out and make a new search.
- Try to clear your Browser cache. On your browser, go to Settings, Privacy and clear your cache. Try with a new Search.
- Go to http://www.google.com/cse/manage/all?hl=en, log in and delete or turn off Google Custom Search engines.
- Do you have toolbars installed on your browser? Delete them, restart your computer and try to make a new search.
- Scan your computer for viruses. Sometimes, malicious viruses install Google custom search engines on your browser to make you click on their ads.
Got the hated Google Custom Search virus? Have a look at this article!
- how to remove google custom search
- remove google custom search
- disable google custom search
- how to disable google custom search
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
One Comment to “How to Remove and Turn Off Google Custom Search”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.