The new Windows Live Messenger, differently from previous WLM versions, doesn’t give you the opportunity to modify and alter your nickname or display name . What’s worst is that Windows Live Messenger 2011 will only display your real name and surname which you previously set in your profile when you signed-up. Let’s see together how you can easily modify and add your nickname thanks to this little trick!
- The only way to add a nickname to Windows Live Messenger 2011 is to modify your real name and last name. No other ways are possible at this time.
- Open and login Windows Live Messenger 2011.
- Click your user name using the small arrow on top of the messenger’s window.
- Click Edit your Name in the menu.
- A Windows Live Profile web page will be automatically opened in your browser. Modify or change the First Name and Last Name.
- Click the Save button.
Tags: chat, Microsoft, trick
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
50 Comments to “How to Modify Your Nickname in Windows Live Messenger 2011”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.