Recently, a nasty bug is affecting Windows Live Messenger 11. Basically, after logging in WLM 11, all contacts will appear offline. Users trying to log out and log back in won’t solve the issue and all contacts will continue to be shows as offline. At the moment the cause is unknown but rumors on the Internet ascribe the issue to corrupted Windows Live Messenger files. What follows is the temporary fix to solve the issue, waiting for Microsoft to release the definitive patch.
- Click Start on your Windows operating system
- Click Control Panel.
- Click Programs – Programs and Features.
- Select Windows Live Essential 2011.
- Click the Uninstall/Change button.
- A window will appear on the screen showing you two options. Click Repair all Windows Live programs to repair WLM 11.
- Restart your Windows Live Messenger 11. All your contacts should be displayed regularly.
Tags: bugs, chat, Microsoft, trick
- contacts appear offline outlook
- how to appear offline to a contact in messenger
- how to fix chat on contacts wont turn on goes offline
- Live messenger how to make offline
- windows people all contacts offline
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
31 Comments to “How to Fix Contacts Always Appear Offline on Windows Live Messenger 11 (WLM11)”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.