Wouldn’t you like to stop those annoying advertisements on Windows Live Messenger 11 once for all? Without any doubt the bottom ads are the most annoying things on the new WLM11. They distract you while chatting and, when you look at them, you feel as if they are out-of-place in the new polished and nice chat window interface. Let’s see how to stop these ads with this nice hack!
- Turn off Windows Live Messenger.
- Click Start on your Windows.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to the following folder: C:\ Windows\ System32\drivers\ etc
- Now, right click the Hosts file and choose to open it with your Windows Notepad.
- Copay and paste this code to the Hosts file: 0.0.0.0 rad.msn.com
- Save the Hosts file.
- Now, open your Command Prompt. Do to that, click Start and in the Search field, type cmd. Do not press enter yet.
- Right click the Command Prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.
- In the Command Prompt Window , type: ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
- Now check if you have managed to block ads by opening Windows Live Messenger.
Tags: chat, hack, Microsoft
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
13 Comments to “Stop Advertisements on Windows Live Messenger 11 (WLM11)”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.