When you log in your Windows 7, your username will appear right in the Start Menu for everybody to see. If you are concerned about your privacy or if you have used an “embarrassing” username, you might wish to remove it from sight. This brief tutorial will teach you how to remove and hide your username in a couple of easy steps.
- Right-click Windows 7 taskbar and from the menu, select Properties.
- Click the Start Menu tab.
- Click the Customize button.
- In the Customize Start Menu window, under Personal Folder click the Don’t Display This Item radio button.
- Click OK.
Tags: security, trick, Windows 7
- windows 7 registry remove personal folder start menu
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to Remove Username from the Start Menu in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.