This trick is really one of a kind! If you wish to create a big, fake, empty file and place it to your USB key (or wherever you want) , I have got the right tutorial for you. Please, don’t ask me the use of it, but I know that a lot of users create these files for the most different reasons! Jokes, Internet speed tests etc. are just a couple of examples!
- Click Start.
- In the Search field type cmd and press Enter. (If you are notin Windows 7, look for run…)
- Type the following command: fsutil file createnew <name of your file> <size in bytes>
- What follows is a simple example which will create a files on your desktop: fsutil file createnew C:\Desktop\test.jpeg 50000000
Tags: trick, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- create an empty file in windows
- create an empty file in windows 7
- create big fake file
- create blank file windows
- create empty file on windows
- how to create empty window file
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
3 Comments to “How to Create Empty Files in Windows Operating Systems”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.