If you don’t manage to install your bugfixes on your Windows operating system, maybe you need to reinstall Windows Update service which doesn’t work properly anymore. As you know, Windows Update is the tool which is responsible for installing all those new updates on your machine which are regularly released by Microsoft. Updates, most of the times, are small files which are meant to patch or fix a security issue, a broken or lame feature or add a new feature in your Windows XP, Vista and 7. From this it is obvious how important is to have a working update service! In fact, thanks to it you will be able to protect your computer, your privacy and your files from viruses, malware and from software malfunction.
In order to reinstall and reset your Windows Update and be able to get the latest updated from Microsoft, follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- In the search field, type services.msc and press Enter. (if you own Windows Vista, click run… and type the command)
- Click the services.msc link.
- On the right pane, locate Automatic Update.
- Double click it. A new window will appear on your screen.
- Click the Start button to restart the service.
- Now, Select the Automatic option under Startup Type to let the service to start automatically when your operating system starts.
- Click OK.
Tags: bugs, trick, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- reinstall windows update
- windows 7 reinstall windows update
- reinstall windows update windows 7
- Windows Update Reinstall Windows 7
- windows 7 reinstalar windows update
- reistall windows updates
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
3 Comments to “Reinstall Windows Update in Windows 7. The Easy Way”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.