If you wish to turn off and disable the new Google Images Search and switch to the old, Images basic version, soon you might find yourself without any clue on how to do it. In fact, there is not any obvious way to perform this “simple” operation. For example, on the left Google Images Search sidebar there is no “turn off” option. You can only tweak and refine the way you search images, photos and pictures by selecting certain parameters such as color, size, type etc. Personally speaking, I find the new interface quite irritating. It also distracts me because every time I hover on a picture it becomes bigger all of a sudden. Furthermore, it’s more difficult to find out the source (the complete URL address) and where the image comes from. Nevertheless, the all new Google Images has got a way to switch back to the basic interface. The only issue is that such a option has been artfully hidden.
Got frustrated, irritated and distracted by the new Google Images Search interface? Wish to get rid of it and restore the old, good basic version. Well, actually you can do it, in a quite easy way. The option to turn off the irritating interface is right there, on the main Google Images Search…don’t you still manage to see it? Well, of course you can’t, because it has been artfully concealed from view.
- Go to Google Images.
- Perform a search. For example, on the Search field, type Test and hit Enter.
- Now, go all the way down the Images Search result page.
- Under the More Search Results page, look for the “Switch to Basic Version” link and simply click it!
Tags: Google App, trick
- google image search basic mode
- how to remove basic mode from google images
- no link for google image switch to basic
- switch to basic version
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
4 Comments to “How to Turn Off Google Images Search and Switch to the Basic Version”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.