Lately, a lot of users are looking for the official, safe vShare TV plugin or extension for famous browsers such as Firefox, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer. At the time writing there is no official vShare plugin/extension/add-on available to download for any web browsers, so be aware of scams! Vshare is a YouTube clone which lets you create a private TV channels where you can upload your videos and share them with an unlimited audience, freely and securely. In the Internet you can also find a lot of scripts thanks to which you can create video sharing portals (in a YouTube, DailyMotion, Google Videos fashion). Without any doubt the vShare platform is quite stable and flexible. And that’s why it is so popular. The downside is that a lot of “ill-intentioned” people have exploited this popularity to create malicious spywares, virus,malware and toolbars (such as vshare.toolbarhome) masked as legit and safe applications for your browser! Let’s see what to do in case you downloaded and installed fake vShare software on your computer.
It is quite easy to download a fake vShare TV application for your browser. Why? Because the web is full of it! As stated above there is no official vShare extension, so most probability you got a virus or a spyware.
If you have Firefox you have to know that it is a little tricky and difficult to uninstall the vShare fake add-on (actually it is a spyware toolbar). In fact, even if you successfully manage to get rid of it, most probability it will continue bothering you with annoying address redirects which will forward your Firefox web searches to a fake vShare Search website. This happens when you type a website address in the Firefox address field without the “www.” prefix.
First of all you need to uninstall the vShare toolbar:
- Open Firefox.
- Click Tools in the upper-left side on the Firefox bar.
- Click Add-ons.
- Click the vShare icon and delete uninstall it.
- Restart Firefox.
To fix the search redirect issue, follow these steps:
- Open Firefox.
- In the address field, type about:config.
- You will be prompted to be careful. Just confirm it by clicking the “I’ll be careful, I promise!” button.
- In the filter field, type keyword.URL and press Enter.
- Double click the value and change the default web address (which causes all those annoying redirects) to:
If you use Internet Explorer, all you’ll have to do is uninstall the vShare Toobar:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools – Manage Add-ons.
- Remove the toolbar from the list of installed add-ons.
- Download and run Combofix to eliminate further vShare leftovers and fix redirect issues.
If you use Google Chrome, you should be safe then as no vShare malicious extension has been created so far.
As a further precaution, after uninstall the fake plugin, extension or toolbar, always perform a scan with your favorite Antivirus.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
- How to Fix “Age Fault in Nonpaged Area” BSOD Error in Windows 10
- How to Turn Off and Remove Pop Up Ads in File Explorer in Windows 10
- How to Fix Error 0xc000007b in Windows 10, Windows 8 and 7
63 Comments to “Uninstall Fake vShare TV Plugin / Extension for Firefox and Chrome”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.