If you are bored with your Windows 7 plain and simple startup sound and message, then this hack will add some spice and fun to your computer! Thanks to a small, little file you will be able to make your Windows 7 talk at startup and greets you with a nice voice, Windows 7 own synthesized voice!
- Open your Windows Notepad.
- Copy and paste the following text to Windows Notepad:
- Now you should save the file on your desktop. Such a file will be saved as a .txt but we need to change it to a file having .vbs extension.
- Click File on the upper left side of your Notepad window.
- Click Save as…
- On the left pane select the location where such a file will be saved. In our case you will have to save such file on your desktop.
- In the File Name field you should see something like this: *.txt This determines how your file willbe saved ( .txt file).
- Modify the file name and the file extension from *.txt to Windows_Voice.vbs
- Now, click the Save button.
- Move the .vbs file to the following location: C:\Users\ UserName\AppData\ Roaming\Microsoft\ Windows\Start Menu\ Programs\ Startup and…you are done! Next time you will turn on your Windows 7, your computer will talk!
- In most cases the AppData folder will be hidden from view, by default. Follow this tutorial to show hidden files and folders.
Dim speaks, speech
speaks=”Hi There! Write here what your Windows 7 will say at startup!”
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
5 Comments to “How to Make your Windows 7 Computer Talk at Start Up”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.