Lately, I have got a question from a Facebook user who wants to know if it is possible to set a Auto-Reply option on their Facebook chat. A kind of “I am away!” message which is sent automatically by your Facebook profile warning your friends that you are not in front of your computer when they try to chat or contact you. Other famous chat clients such a Google Talk (Gtalk) are able to send you automatic messages also thanks to nice software such as GTalk Autoreply, for example. However, on Facebook the situation is a little more difficult also due to the fact that the Facebook support page for the chat client doesn’t provide you any information.
In fact, at the time writing Facebook doesn’t have, among its features and options, any auto reply system, nor are there applications which can help you add or send kind of custom messages or courtesy messages.
In fact, Facebook sees its users as either online or offline. If you are offline or are not in front of your desk or computer you are not supposed to chat. If you are about to leave your Facebook Chat, the only thing you can do is send a message to your friends telling to contact you later.
- facebook auto reply message when offline
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
5 Comments to “Can I Turn on Facebook Chat Auto Reply?”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.