There are a lot of reasons why you may wish to disable and turn off the annoying Windows Live Mail Skydrive from you personal Windows Live Mail (2010, 2011 and further versions) account. The first thing the average user considers when it comes to getting rid of the useful Microsoft Skydrive web service is privacy. In fact, if you attach a picture or a photo to your email messages, Windows Live Mail will store them to SkyDrive automatically and by default. As a consequence, the recipient will only see small thumbnails. If he wants to see the original picture he will have to download it from SkyDrive. This apparent meaningless behaviour is due to the very nature of the web service itself whose primary goal is to “provide enough free storage for thousands of documents and photos” so that you will be able to share them later with your friends thanks to handy photo albums. The issue is that all your private stuff will be stored online without your consent. Useless to say, a lot of users are against this. So, let’s see how to protect our important files and stop the SkyDrive automated behaviour permanently.
Let me tell you that you can not turn off SkyDrive as it is part (feature) of Windows Live Mail. Period. Don’t look futher because this is what a Microsoft IT told me. Also, Microsoft didn’t provide any proper solution to this issue. The online storage service is on by default and the user can not do anything to disable it. However, in order to stop it from harvesting your private files you can perform the following actions:
- If you want to prevent the Skydrive from collecting your photos (and other files) follow these steps. In Windows Live Mail, click Insert on the Menu bar and insert your pictures, images and photos.
Tags: email, Microsoft, upload, web utility
- How to Disable SkyDrive
- disable SkyDrive
- turn off skydrive
- How to Turn Off SkyDrive
- how do i get rid of skydrive
- disconnecting sky drive
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
25 Comments to “How to Disable or Turn Off Windows Live Mail SkyDrive Permanently”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.