Windows 7 has got a lot of nice and beautiful User Interface visual effects. However, some of them may annoy and bother Windows users. This brief tutorial will show you how to turn off and turn on shadows in Windows 7 themes and mouse pointer. In fact, apart from the fact that they are of no use at all, such nice effects tend to “drink” too much computer resources which could be dedicated to more useful purposes…above all if you don’t have a very powerful computer!
- Click Start.
- Right click Computer.
- Now click Click Advanced system settings on the left pane.
- Under the Visual Effect tab, click the Settings button located under the Performance section.
- Click the Visual Effect tab ad click the Custom radio button.
- From the list untick Show Shadows under Windows.
- Click OK.
- Of course, if you want to turn the Shadow on, go back to the Visual Effect tab and tick the Shadow option back.
If you want to turn off (or on) the shadow under the mouse pointer, again go to the Visual Effect tab located under the Visual Effect tab and untick (or tick) Show shadows under mouse pointer.
Tags: trick, Windows 7
- Shadow following effect win7
- how to add a shadow to the mouse pointers in windows 7
- how to turn off shadow in excel office 2010
- turn off blue location bos in windows 8
- win 7 cursor with shadow
- windows 7 cursor shadow
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
One Comment to “How to Turn Off/On Shadows in Windows 7”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.