Windows 7 has got a lot of nice and beautiful User Interface visual effects. However, some of them may annoy and bother Windows users. This brief tutorial will show you how to turn off and turn on shadows in Windows 7 themes and mouse pointer. In fact, apart from the fact that they are of no use at all, such nice effects tend to “drink” too much computer resources which could be dedicated to more useful purposes…above all if you don’t have a very powerful computer!
- Click Start.
- Right click Computer.
- Now click Click Advanced system settings on the left pane.
- Under the Visual Effect tab, click the Settings button located under the Performance section.
- Click the Visual Effect tab ad click the Custom radio button.
- From the list untick Show Shadows under Windows.
- Click OK.
- Of course, if you want to turn the Shadow on, go back to the Visual Effect tab and tick the Shadow option back.
If you want to turn off (or on) the shadow under the mouse pointer, again go to the Visual Effect tab located under the Visual Effect tab and untick (or tick) Show shadows under mouse pointer.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
One Comment to “How to Turn Off/On Shadows in Windows 7”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.