Windows 7 has got an incredible, shiny and polished User Interface (UI) thanks to its default themes and to thousands of themes which can be downloaded on the Internet for free. If you are about to format your computer you might wish to save and backup your Windows 7 theme folder so that you won’t loose all of your themes. This is also especially useful if you plan to export your Windows 7 themes to another computer. This brief trick will show you how to save the theme folder to a location of your choice.
- Click Start.
- Click Computer (Windows Explorer).
- Locate this folder: C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
- Look for the folder called Themes.
- Right click the Themes folder and select Copy.
- Now go to your USB flash drive, or external hard disk. Open it, right-click any empty space and from the menu select Paste.
In case you can not find the AppData folder it means that it has been hidden by the system (hidden by default). To make it visible follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Click Windows Explorer.
- Click Tools – Folder Options -View.
- Under the Advanced Settings section tick the View hidden folders and files radio button.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.