Windows 7 has got an incredible, shiny and polished User Interface (UI) thanks to its default themes and to thousands of themes which can be downloaded on the Internet for free. If you are about to format your computer you might wish to save and backup your Windows 7 theme folder so that you won’t loose all of your themes. This is also especially useful if you plan to export your Windows 7 themes to another computer. This brief trick will show you how to save the theme folder to a location of your choice.
- Click Start.
- Click Computer (Windows Explorer).
- Locate this folder: C:\Users\User_Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows
- Look for the folder called Themes.
- Right click the Themes folder and select Copy.
- Now go to your USB flash drive, or external hard disk. Open it, right-click any empty space and from the menu select Paste.
In case you can not find the AppData folder it means that it has been hidden by the system (hidden by default). To make it visible follow these steps:
- Click Start.
- Click Windows Explorer.
- Click Tools – Folder Options -View.
- Under the Advanced Settings section tick the View hidden folders and files radio button.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Play Pac-Man and Breakout Games on Google
- How to Install Windows 10 Without a Microsoft Account and Password
- How to Stop Automatic Drivers Update and Installation in Windows 10
- How to Remove Google Custom Search Virus/Malware
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.