Gmail lets you view external images and content in the body message thanks to a couple of interesting options: Always Display Images from and Always Display External Content (such as images) Sent by Trusted Senders. Let’s see how to turn these two useful options on and what to do when Gmail doesn’t seem willing to display external images, pictures and content despite the options above have been enabled.
- Login your Gmail account.
- On the right side of the Gmail interface, click the Settings link.
- Under the General tab (which should be available by default as soon as you click Settings) go to the External Content section and click the Always display external content (such as images) sent by trusted senders radio button.
Now you should be able images, pictures and external content. However, in some cases turning on the above options seems not to work. Let’s see how to solve this issue:
- First of all let me tell you that the issue is not due to Gmail itself but to your browser. In fact, the external content issue seems to be caused by Internet Explorer. If you have Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera browser or Safari you should be able to see external content without issues.
- If you have Internet Explorer and want to fix the issue, click Tools from the upper bar and from the menu click Internet Options which should be the last link in the menu.
- Now, Click the Security tab and Custom Level button.
- Under the Settings list go to the Miscellaneous section – Display Mixed Content and click the Enable radio button.
- Confirm your choice if asked and press OK.
- Now Log out your Gmail, turn off Internet Explorer, clear its Internet cache and try to log in your Gmail again.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.