The procedure to install and uninstall (or remove) Google Chrome Web Apps is quite easy. However, some users may not be aware of the steps involved to achieve this result. However, before talking about it, I would like to take a step back and talk about the the Chrome Web Store. It was launched on December 7, 2010 as stated on the official Chrome blog, and lets users download, buy and install free, useful apps for their Google Chrome. The store also contains Chrome themes and extensions. Now the difference between extensions and web apps is that the first ones add extra-features to the Google browser, while the second group is composed by nothing else than shortcuts to popular and highly used web pages and/or games. Most of the time such Web Apps do not install anything on your machine apart from a small file as explained on this Google Chrome Store webpage. A couple of months ago I spoke about how to uninstall Google Chrome extensions from your computer (and even how to delete Chrome itself!), now I am going to show how to permanently delete the new Web Apps which, as I told you before, are different from Extensions.
Install Web Apps on Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Now, visit the Google Chrome Web Store. As usual, make sure to have the latest version of Chrome which always contains the latest features. Plus it is also funny compatible with the new improvements and application Google has rolled out for its users. If you want to open the Google Chrome Web Store you can also open a new tab (you will have to press Ctrl + T) and then click the web store button.
- Now, choose the Web App you wish to download.
- Click the click install button on the right side of the app. This will also let you install the app automatically on your browser.
- In order to view and review the app you just got, simply open a new tab window by pressing Ctrl + T.
Uninstall Web Apps from Chrome
- Again, open Google Chrome.
- Open a new tab to view a list of installed apps.
- Right click the unwanted app and from the menu click Uninstall.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
- How to Change your Facebook Profile Look (Design) and Block Ads
- How to Recover Data, Photos, Files from a Corrupted SD Card
- How to Lock Down your PC Using a USB Key
One Comment to “How to Install and Uninstall Google Chrome Web Apps”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.