The new Facebook layout has introduced a row of five recently tagged photos at the top of the profile page. However, a lot of users want to hide the row for privacy issues as you might guess. Now, the problem here is that it is really difficult to spot the right settings which allow you to remove the new feature, and apparently Facebook users are getting mad at it. But let me tell you something more about this new “not-so-exciting” feature. The row of tagged photos shows latest tagged photos or photos from profile picture album. Such photos are visible to all those friends and users selected in the “Photos and videos you’re tagged in” option under the Privacy settings available on your profile. Right now there is not option to turn off the row, despite whatever the Facebook Privacy page says about the fact that you are in control of your Facebook profile! Facebook didn’t add any checkbox or button to disable it. However you can tweak it. In fact, you can opt-in and opt-out certain photos and pictures from appearing in the infinite scroll row!
In order to remove and hide recently tagged photos from the infinite scroll row, roll the photo and click the “X” icon located at its the top-right corner. The photo will be removed from the row right away. Please note that sucha picture won’t be deleted from your Facebook account at all!
If you wish to have more control over the row at the top of the profile you can use the Privacy Settings.
- Click the Account tab from the upper side of your Facebook profile.
- From the drop down menu, click Privacy Settings.
- Under the Sharing on Facebook section, click Customize Settings.
- On the right of the “Photos and videos I’m tagged in” click the Edit Settings link.
- Choose the new privacy setting you wish to apply to your tagged photos. Options available are: Everyone, Friends of Friends, Friends Only and Customize.
- Click the Okay button.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Unlock and Remove PDF Passwords Using Google Chrome
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
9 Comments to “Hide the Row of Recently Tagged Photos at The Top of the Facebook Profile”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.