A lot of users want to know how to undelete accidentally deleted contacts in Windows Live Messenger 2011 (WLM2011) after they got aware that their contacts were missing. Again, the latest Microsoft chat client is giving its users a lot of issues. After the Contacts always appear offline and the nickname displaying your real name issues, it seems that users are experiencing difficulties about how to spot the right settings in order to retrieve deleted contacts in Windows Live Messenger 2011. The contact list lets you retrieve and get an immediate glance your friends you are in contact with. Thanks to it you can easily chat, share stuff and also have a real HD video chat! As a general rule of thumb it is always better to backup such a friend list to avoid nasty surprises! To backup your contact list, simply go to your Windows Live Messenger – Contacts – Save instant messaging contacts. This will let you save a .ctt file on your PC containing your friends addresses. Of course this little trick is only valid when you have not messed with your contact list! However, Microsoft well aware of this issue, has given you a second chance! In fact, nested among the messenger settings there is a kind of “Hey! I changed my mind!” option which will restore whatever you did with your contacts!
- Sign in to your account. (go to Live.com).
- On the upper-right side of the page, click the Messenger link and right after that, from the drop down menu, select Contacts.
- In the new Interface, again on the upper side of the page click the Manage button and from the drop down menu, click Restore Deleted Contacts.
- Pick the contacts you deleted by mistaken and click the Restore button to undelete them.
- Now, click the Add as Friend link.
- A pop-up window will appear on your screen. From it you will have to click the Invite button.
A couple of considerations. After you have terminated the above procedure, if you sign in to your Windows Live Messenger 2011 (WLM2011) to see if your contacts have been really restored, you might get a bitter surprise! In fact, you might not see your previously deleted friends back in place. Do not worry as this is quite normal. In fact it could take some minutes before seeing the results of this guide.
Another thing to keep in mind is that, after pressing the Invite button as described on point number 6, your friends might not get any invitation. This because they could still have you as contact on their friends list!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
- How to Prevent Microsoft Internet Edge from Showing Pop-Up Notification
7 Comments to “How to Restore/Undelete Windows Live Messenger 2011 Contacts (Contacts Missing)”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.