How To Fix “A Username And Password Are Being Requested By HTTP://twitter.com . The Site Says Twitter API”
Lately a lot of Twitter users are complaining about an annoying pop-up that asks: ” A Username And Password Are Being Requested By HTTP://twitter.com . The Site Says Twitter API”. Now, the weird thing about it is that such a message pop-ups when the user has successfully logged into its Twitter account using his right username and password. Additionally, the pop-up won’t go away even though the user clicked the Cancel button located at the end of such a small dialog box. Let’s see how to fix and solve this issue.
This bug affects Firefox and Safari browser, only. It is triggered when you have subscribed to RSS feeds of particular Twitter user account. Here is the simple fix:
- Of Firefox, you will have to remove and delete the Twitter account RSS.
- On Safari browser, go to Preferences – set Check for Updates to “never”.
If you are still experiencing the issue, visit this Twitter help page and leave your comment. In the comment, do not forget to write your userna,e the URL where you experienced this pop-up, a link to a screen shot of the pop-up box etc. The Twitter team working on the issue will be happy to give you a proper solution to your issue!
- How to Recover and Get Back Deleted Files, Folders, Emails etc from your Hard Disk Trash Bin
- How to Fix and Turn Off “Do You Want to View YouTube.com in Full Screen?” Nagging Message on Windows 8 and 7
- How to Turn Off “Only Secure Content is Displayed – Show All Content” Message in Internet Explorer 11
- How to Solve KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys Error in Windows 10
One Comment to “How To Fix “A Username And Password Are Being Requested By HTTP://twitter.com . The Site Says Twitter API””
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.