If you got infected by a fake antispyware called System Tool 2011 you might wish to remove it from your Windows operating system (Windows 7, Vista and XP). Such a fake antivirus is quite easy to download from the Internet as a lot of websites and blogs seems to spread it to its readers. Furthermore, it mimics famous antivirus and antimalware friendly user interfaces, so it is very difficult to distinguish it from a legit and safe one. Once it has been installed, it will scare you by sending fake spyware and virus alerts, and opening pop-up windows alerting you that your computer has been infected (false positive warnings). An example of these scareware messages is “Warning! You are in danger. Your computer is infected with spyware”. Of course, the main goal of these scaring pop-ups is to convince you to buy a “real” (but not so good) anti-spyware software. Let’s see how to uninstall System Tool 2011 from your Windows, safely.
In order to manually remove fake System Tool 2011, follow this easy guide:
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode. To do it, restart your computer and when the screen will start displaying your computer hardware configuration start pressing F8 key on your keyboard. At this point you will have to choose Safe Mode from the list of option available.
- Click Start.
- In the Search field (or Run… if you have Windows Vista), type regedit and press Enter.
- Delete the following Windows registry keys:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ System Tool 2011
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “5648541024″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Run “[random]“
- Now, Close the Windows registry.
- Click Ctrl+Alt+Del to open Windows Task Manager. Kill any processes which have got to do with the malware. Most common entries to kill are:
- [random numbers]
- System Tool 2011.lnk
- Any System Tool 2011 process.
- Right each entry and select Click End Process.
- Now, click Start and open Windows Explorer. Delete the files:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\\[random]\ (ex.: gARQWm02930.exe)
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\\5648541024
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\\5648541024\5648541024.bat
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\\5648541024\5648541024.cfg
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\\5648541024\5648541024.exe
- C:\Users\Desktop\System Tool 2011.lnk
- C:\Start Menu\Programs\System Tool 2011.lnk
- %PROGRAM_FILES%\System Tool 2011\
- Restart the computer.
- Scan the whole Windows operating system with your favorite antispyware and antivirus to make sure you have succesfully removed the pestware System Tool from your PC.
Tags: antispyware, Windows 7, Windows Vista
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
4 Comments to “How to Remove and Uninstall Fake Antispyware System Tool 2011”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.