In case you wonder what your kids are doing in front of your computer, Firefox and Windows offer you a simple way to monitor their online activity thanks to a couple of tricks which will turn your Firefox in a kind of recording machine! Of course there are better ways (also thanks to special add-ons such as about:me, for example) to check and log your kids activity and eventually block the websites they are visiting while in front of your computer. However, this solution will arise less questions as it will pass completely unnoticed since it doesn’t involve any kind of software or application. Everything is done by using Firefox and Windows 7 resources with the result that nobody, even the most seasoned computer expert will know what you are doing and what you are…recording!
- Click Start.
- Locate the Task Scheduler under: All Programs – Accessories (or System Utility). In case you can not find it, simply click Start and in the Search field, type Task Scheduler and hit Enter.
- On the right pane, under Actions, click Create Task… This will open a new window on the middle pane.
- Under the general tab, assign a new name for the your task such as (SpyLog). Now, under Security Options (we are still in the Create Task main window) check the Run with Highest Privileges checkbox. From the Configure for drop down menu, select Windows 7.
- Now, click the Triggers tab and click the New button located at the end of the tab itself.
- The New Trigger window will appear on your screen. Under Begin the Task drop down menu, select On a Schedule.
- Under Settings click the daily radio button.
- In the Recur Every field, assign the value 1 (one).
- Under Advanced Settings, check the Repeat task Every checkbox. And from the drop down menu choose a lapse of time (15 minutes, for example). This step will let you monitor the any Internet activity every 15 minutes.
- Check the Enabled checkbox at the end of the window.
- As a last steps, lets set the log procedure which will record any Internet activity coming from Firefox. Click the Actions tab.
- Click the New…button located at the end of the window.
- In the Program/Script field type CMD.
- In the Add/arguments (optional) field, type /c echo %username%, %date%, %time% >> SpyLog.csv
- In the Start In field, enter c:\windows\
- Click OK.
- Now, if you want to see who surfed the Internet, simply click Run located in the Start Menu and Enter the following command: notepad c:\windows\SpyLog.csv
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.