Grammar and spelling checker are two useful features in Office Word 2007 and 2010. Basically, they check for any mistake you might have made while typing a document underlining them in red. If you click on such a bad/mistyped word you will get access to a small list of correct and exact words you can use to substitute the wrong one. The Grammar and Spelling checking tool (or Grammar checker) is one of the best utilities and features available in the Office package, both for English and non-English mother-tongue people. However, some user might find it irritating since it will underline every single wrong word and sentence. Maybe a user would like to turn it off because he prefers to proofread the whole document and find where the mistakes and errors are by himself. This quick trick will show you how to disable and turn off these two features in a couple of tricks.
- Open and run Office Word 2007 or 2010.
- No click Option located at the bottom left side of the Word window. If you can not located them, you should at least be able to locate a small rectangular bar where there is the current language used by Office Word. You should see something like this English (USA) or Spanish (Spain). Click it!
- A small window will appear on your screen.
- Tick the Do Not Check Spelling or Grammar checkbox.
If the above guide didn’t work for you, try with this one:
- Open Office Word.
- Now, click the yellow Office Button.
- A new window will pop up on your screen. In the left pane, click Proofing.
- Scroll down the list and look for Exceptions For. Right there you will be able to decide if to turn off the grammar and spelling check for the current documents and for all the documents.
- Click OK.
Tags: Office, trick
- how to disable grammar check on a document
- How to Change and Use Timezone (Tzutil) in Windows 7
- Enhance the Security of your Login Password in Windows 7
- How to Activate Hardware Acceleration and WebGL in Opera 12
- Fix “This PC Doesn’t Meet System Requirements. If You Want to Install Windows 8, You May Have to Upgrade…” Error
3 Comments to “Turn Off Grammar and Spelling Checker in Office Word 2007 and 2010”
Leave a Comment
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.