My Security Shield is another fake antivirus/antispyware which after installing on your Windows system you will want to delete it right away! In fact, Security Shield is a malware program whose only aim is infecting your machine with spyware and scareware applications making you believe that your system has been infected ( like for example Antivirus Action). The way it works is rather simple and effective. You visit a website. Such a website contains an advertisement (scam!) which pretends to be an online virus/spyware scanner which automatically scans your Windows 7 , Vista, XP. After finishing , the scanner will return with a warning telling that “Your Computer is Infected” and that you need to download and install My Security Shield to protect your PC. Let’s see how to get rid of it and uninstall it in the simplest way possible!
After you have successfully installed the Security Shield fake tool it will be set to run on your machine, automatically. It will also install files which later will be detected by the program as viruses or spyware. Such files have the following names:
As said, Shield Virus will detect these files as dangerous, infected ones and will prompt you to purchase the whole program (you will need to buy the activation code or product key) in order to delete and clean them.
The fake antispyware will also send you random messages to scare and convince you to buy the activation code. Warning messages include:
- Warning! Access conflict detected! An unidentified program is trying to access system process address space.
- Warning! Virus detected.
- Memory access problem. WindowsErrorForm has encountered a problem at address…
What follows is the simplified procedure to uninstall My Security Shield. Please, keep in mind that after each steps you will NOT have to reboot your machine whatever happens and independently from what the applications involved in the cleaning will tell you. In fact, rebooting your computer will re-activate My Security Shield automatically. This will prevent you from uninstalling it!
- Download iExplore.exe. Install it on your machine and run it. iExplorer will attempt to stop and block all processes which are associated with My Security Shield. In face, in order to remove the fake antipsyware you will need to block it for good, otherwise your Windows will prevent you from performing any action on such program.
- Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware free version. Install it on your windows and run it. The software will return you with a step-by-step procedure where the only thing you will need to do is confirm such steps. Please, click on the Scanner tab and from the menu, click the Perform full Scan radio button and click the Scan button. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is the real Security Shield removal tool which will help you get rid of the virus.
- After the scanning has finished. You will need to click the Show Results button. At this point you should be able to see a list of infected files. Tick the checkbox for each file ( you will need to tick all of them) and click the remove Selected button located on the left side of the window.
- Now we need to download and install the default version of Windows HOSTS file as Security Shield modified it. Download Host File. After you have download hosts-perm.bat, double click it to install it on your PC.
- Delete the C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\HOSTS file and download the defualt, clean version. Please choose your Windows OS:
- Restart your computer in safe mode. In order to do that, turn off and on your PC. As soon you see hardware information on the screen keep pressing F8 on your keyboard. On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to highlight the safe mode option and press Enter.
- Perform a full scan with your favorite antivirus and antispyware.
Here is another procedure to uninstall the virus. This procedure is easier than the one described above but in this case you will have to browse among Windows entries by yourself. You can also use this second guide as a completing guide after finishing with the first guide. this will ensure you to clean the system in a better way.
- Download and install iExplore.exe.
- Perform a “scan only” scan with the above program.
- After the scan is completed, look for the following similar entries: O2 – HKCU\..\Run: My Security Shield “C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\2345567\MS4565d_2429.exe” /s /d
- Check all similar entries and tick the” Fix checked” button.
- Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware free version
- Perform a full scan.
For an even easier way to get rid of the Security Shiled virus watch this simple and effective YouTube video tutorial which will show you how to clean your Windows operating system.
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Fix “No Internet Secured” WiFi Error Message in Windows 10, 7 , 8
- How to Fix Google Chrome Won’t Update Adobe Flash Player
- How to Turn Off Chat Box (AKA Google Talk or GTalk) From Your Gmail
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
2 Comments to “How to Efficently Uninstall and Delete My Security Shield Virus”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.