If you want to open a blank document on Word, Excel and Powerpoint in Office 2011, the software will open the Gallery instead, by default. If you want to prevent this behaviour and block the gallery from popping up at startup, I have just got a nice trick which will force your new Office 2011 to behave in the same old way Office 2010 and Office 2007 did in Windows 7 and Vista.
- Open any Office 2011 application such as Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- When the Gallery opens and popup on your computer screen, have a look at its bottom window and tick the Don’t show this when opening Word, Excel or Powerpoint checkbox.
- Now, select a new document and click the Choose button.
- Next time you’ll open a Word, for example, the gallery won’t show up anymore.
Note. In order to gain access to the Gallery and choose Office 2011 template, click Menu – File – select New from Template.
- Open Blank Word Document
- How to Fix “No Internet Secured” WiFi Error Message in Windows 10, 7 , 8
- How to Fix Google Chrome Won’t Update Adobe Flash Player
- How to Turn Off Chat Box (AKA Google Talk or GTalk) From Your Gmail
- How to Access Your PC BIOS Settings in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.