Windows Live Messenger 2011 and older versions give you (via your passport.net account) the opportunity to read your Gmail emails without actually leaving the Messenger interface. This is especially useful in those cases where you don’t want to terminate a chat or the user you are chatting with just sent you an email. Such a feature, like I told you before, is also available on previous, old Windows Live Messengers, but despite this a lot of users still do not know about it! Funny how people get stuck on criticizing about the new features available on WLM2011 instead of learning what the Microsoft chat interface can offer you! However, in this article I will show you how to easily read your email (not only those belonging to your Gmail account) on Live Messenger (msn) in a couple of steps.
- Login to http://www.passport.net
- Scroll down the page and reach the section which says “Use an email address you already have”.
- Click the Get started now link.
- Fill in the email address and the passwords with the data belonging to your Gmail account.
- Fill in the field with the verification code and click the Continue button.
- The next page will show you a term agreement which you will have to sign with your Gmail address.
- Click the I Accept link.
- Now, login ot your Windows Live mail account. Open the email sent you by the Windows Live Team.
- Such email contain a link which you will have to click to confirm the operation above which will entitle you to read your Gmail on Windows Live Messenger.
- Done! now you should be able to open your Live Messenger using your Gmail credentials!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Search for Content in any File in Windows 10
- How to Block and Restrict Other Users Access to Windows 10 Registry Editor
- Easy Trick to Find Out the WiFi Password of a Internet Connection (No Hacking Required)
- How to Save, Backup and Restore All Drivers in Windows 10
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.