Facebook embeds a nice chat bar which lets you chat in real time with your friends. If you are not interested in such a feature, you might want to remove and turn it off for good. I already wrote something similar when I posted the article on how to disable Facebook chat box. However this time I will show you how to remove the chat bar for your Facebook profile. The trick is very simple and invoke the use of the special Facebebook security address which, by default, doesn’t have any chat feature.
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Now, simply add this secure Facebook address to your browser address field: https://www.facebook.com/home.php
- The whole tricks here is the https which is a secure address version of the default facebook default web address.
- Press Enter.
- You will notice that the Facebook chat bar has been removed!
- On the bottom right side a small icon will warn you that the chat is disabled!
Related Articles Latest Articles
- How to Solve and Fix “This webpage is not available dns_probe_finished _no_internet” Error in Google Chrome
- How to Clean and Delete your Personal Information and Search from Cortana
- How to Delete or Temporary Block/Hide Your Instagram Account
- How To Recover Deleted Gmail Email From The Trash Bin
10 Comments to “How to Turn Off and Remove Facebook Chat Bar Using a Security Trick”
Web Talk is best viewed in Firefox.